Airfreight is carried in special Aluminium containers or flat Aluminium pallets technically known as “Unit Load Devices” (ULDs). These ULD’s fit all wide bodied aircraft. Smaller aircraft (eg: 733) carry a minimal amount of freight in their bulk hold and do not have ULD’s capability.
Space is bought on a volume or weight basis, depending on which is greater. Airlines charge per volumetric weight. The formula used is to multiply Length x Width x Depth in centimetres then divide by 6,000. Either the volumetric or actual weight will be charged, whichever is greater.
Vantage Freight can handle all of your airfreight requirements for import and export movements. Our experienced staff members have many years of handling this industry both in Australia and overseas.
Our global network provides you with a complete worldwide transport and distribution solution. We have direct airport to airport flights or transhipment options, depending on what you need and what would suit your requirements. We choose to use only quality service providers to ensure the best services are available to you. Through our complete door to door service you will experience most of the scope of services on offer, and feel confident in knowing you are in good hands.
Some of our Airfreight services include but are not limited to:
- Imports worldwide
- Exports worldwide
- All-inclusive door-to-door service
- Transport / Pick-up
- Time sensitive and express services
- Direct and deferred options
- Letter of Credit Consignments
- Bonded warehousing
- Packing / Unpacking
- Short-term and long-term storage
- Consolidation services
- Order management
- Complete freight management
- Perishable and general freight
- International document preparation and handling
- Government department and agency document preparation and handling
- Remote area delivery
- Multivendor consolidation
- Dangerous goods handling
- Special projects
- Over dimensional and heavy cargo handling